Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Literary Oddments: Shopping for the Bookworm


There are readers, there are book-lovers and, then, there are book fanatics, for whom words and writers become a wondrous, enveloping way of life. The literary thrill does not end when the front cover falls shut. It can be chased, captured, enjoyed in any of the thousands of products directed toward the bookworm. This space will serve to cast a light onto some of the lit-based goods available.


As a child, I loved to lend books to my friends. I took great pride in allowing them to "check out" any volume that I was willing to briefly part with. Like any good librarian, I made sure to record the due date on the little card I attached to the inside back cover of every book. It is with some wonder that I record my failure to become a librarian when I grew up, though it seemed a natural fit at the time. I am too chained to the writing life to be a librarian. I would rather assemble words than record their migrations.

I recently came across some Vintage Library Book Pockets on Etsy. I just had to smile. They are self-adhesive and come in a pack of 50. At $8.00, they are nearly irresistible. I am still in the habit of gingerly, and with much instruction, lending books to friends. Perhaps I should once again indulge in the orderly joy of assigning due dates. Over the top? Only to those not in the know.

Please check THIS out.


Shop: ButlerandMaid

Where:Etsy.com

What:50 Library Book Pockets

Price:$8.00

Bookworm Rating: 4 out of 5
Image courtesy of: ButlerandMaid


No comments:

Post a Comment