Monday, May 25, 2009

Expectations

I am declaring this little corner of the universe "mine!",to do with exactly as I please. As such,I am dedicating it to what is becoming,through a long and slow build,what I can only describe (albeit with abject and disbelieving terror) as my life's mission.Those are some high-flung,soaring,intemperate words that I have just typed,but I will neither rescind them nor disown them,or cower in fear.I did not set out to have a mission of any kind yet it is sublimely appropriate that the one I ended up with is literary in nature.
The cohesion binding together the myriad colourful threads of "A Small Press Life" is spirited independence,of the past and the present.It is my most heartfelt aim to weave together stories of the great small-press path-burners (Kay Boyle,Harry and Caresse Crosby,Ernest Walsh,Robert McAlmon,among others)with my own day-to-day triumphs,struggles,frustrations and joys as an Indie writer.Yet that is only half of my intention for ASPL. I will spotlight other contemporary writers,artists and creative-types,giving space and voice to their unique talents and perspectives.There will be columns,essays/monographs,fiction,artwork,poetry and any other manner of expression that is born of this process.I envision onetrackmuse.blogspot.com as a lively,inclusive forum for those who share or appreciate the guiding-spirit of independent creativity.The name onetrackmuse is a declaration in and of itself:it states,with lucid loveliness,that this is a place to explore the very specific calling of unshackled artistry,in all of its breathtaking variety.
It is my goal and my hope that ASPL is purposeful yet organic,specific yet relatable:full of inspiration and support,with open veins of beauty,complexity,determination,wisdom and achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment